Metal roofing has become very popular over the last few years but why is that? Whether you are building a new home or replacing a roof, you should consider metal roofing. There are several benefits to going with metal.
Reasons You Need to Choose Metal Roofing
- Metal lasts longer: Longevity is one of the greatest benefits of metal roofing. Most roofing materials will last between 15 and 20 years. Metal can last 50 years or longer. You get more life out of metal roofing, even with the worst weather conditions. Metal roofing requires little to no maintenance too. If durability is your priority, metal roofing is the way to go.
- Water-resistant: Unlike asphalt and other materials, metal is resistant to most weather. It never allows for water penetration. Any water simply runs off. Metal roofing is also heat resistant and can withstand high winds. IF your climates are prone to change, the metal roofing is a better fit.
- Energy-efficient: The majority of metal roofing comes with sun-reflecting paint. This allows for increased energy efficiency, no matter how hot the weather gets. This paint is typically under warranty for 25 years, so you likely will not have to re-paint.
- Increased value: The longevity and easy maintenance of metal roofing add value to your home. It is a more desirable roofing option so it is often preferred by potential buyers. A new buyer will know they do not have to worry about replacement any time soon, if ever. Purchasing a home with a metal roof is a good deal.
- Cost: Metal roofing is more expensive than other materials. But, this is only in the beginning. Most other materials need repairs every few years and replacement is more common. With metal roofing, you save money in the long term. The initial amount you spend will be an investment that is more than worth it.
- Environmentally friendly: 11 million tons of shingles end up in landfills each year. In comparison, metal roofing leaves a much smaller carbon footprint. Lasting longer than other materials and because it can be recycled, metal leads to reduced waste every year.
Metal roofing has a lot of advantages over other materials. It is easy to see why it is such a popular choice. Despite costing more, you get more from a metal roof. If you are considering new roofing, look into metal so you and your home can get the best there is to offer.